Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scrapbooking My OOOPS shot.

Sometimes I forget that running the DSLR in Manual for Sunday morning church means that I set it for bad light, dark conditions, etc...so I rush outside to get cute pics of kids...and get washout. That would be almost white. That's what happened with my photo of the day today, but I USED IT ANYWAY because I LOVED IT :)

Anyhow, I scrapped it mostly with the DARLING *Alien World* kit that I won from Little Dreamer Designs over {inter}National Scrapbook Day [weekend] on their Facebook wish granting frenzy! The only things that aren't from that kit are the piece of string and the ric rac and they are from WHO REALLY KNOWS WHERE - they're in so many kits by so many people, recolored, retrimmed, flipped, chopped and rotated. SO, no credits for string and ricrac. sorry.

I love the single photo layouts all over, the simple ones that TaylorMade always has with her high contrast photos and simple text (and her team as well - they're amazing). What I am not fond of is having the photo so teeny tiny that the page is mostly empty with a postage stamped sized photos. I think I sort of balanced this alright - I can tell this is Ruby. Nothing really to say about the photo - I goofed up shooting it, but she's busy throwing that beanie for the dog and she's just delighted to be doing so :) Liz also has fantastic stuff for the simple scrap (and I have a terrible time scrapping that way, so her quick pages and templates rock!) I have some of the Paislee Press quick page books - and they are awesome (I have actually used 1 or 2 pages...after I messed with recoloring them and all sorts of stuff because I couldn't leave well enough alone, but I can now...I promise).

Now, I am going go scrap with some of myNSD goodies. All night. For real...unless I fall asleep :) I do have a spread started about Ruby being a Ninja Spy Snake that can wah-puh-choooie things...
no wah-puh-chooie yet, but I took these today on the correct settings.
Taylor Made word art, Kasia papers and elements mostly from "Sweet Blossom" - the photo mask for the large photo came from "Winter Romance."

1 comment:

  1. Love how you used the over-exposed photo - I have plenty of them, maybe I need to look at them more before hitting the delete button.

    ReplyDelete